Saturday 11 May 2013

 When designing my double page spread and contents page I used this software called Microsoft word, this programme let me create professional looking media products. I used this software because it has a lot of good tools that I could use to design the double and contents pages in an easy but professional way. The main tools I used from this software was the shape tool as it let me choose from a wide variety of shapes to add onto my pages such as the arrows and rectangle boxes which all give an effect on the page to make it look effective. I also used a lot of the text tool as it let me choose from a range of different font styles but also how I would like them to look from bold, italic or just the normal font. This helped me to make customise the page to however I liked, as I made the subheadings bold for them to stand out and made the normal writing just normal fonts.


When designing my front page I used this software called Microsoft publisher, this programme lets you create a variety of designs as the software itself has a range of templates to choose from for things such as broachers, leaflet and other things. This software was good to use for my front page as the tools was easy to use and give me a good variety of tools to choose from. The images and text were very easier to move around the page to wherever I would like to place them which made this software great to use, I used the wrap text tool where I choose ‘square’ to move all my images and text around with. The proportions on the page were an advantage as it gave me guidelines on where about to keep all of the design inside of so that front page would look professional. The colour tool was good to use as when I was choosing the colour scheme for my magazine because it let me see all the colours that could be used on my magazine and then went on to pick which colours I would use for the house style, I chose the red, black, white and grey.


I used this software called adobe photoshop to use some of the great tools this software has.  The tool I used the most was the lasso tool that let me cut out the backgrounds from some of my images so that I would just have the part of the image I needed. I  didn’t use this programme for a lot of my media designs as I thought that the software was quite hard to use and pick up on which would have been time consuming when creating my magazine. So I just used the tools that I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment