Friday 16 November 2012

first design of double page















This is my first design of my double page, to create this the software i have used is microsoft word.

When making my double page i used microsoft word, i chose this program because it is a easy software to use and it also lets you create a professional design in a simple way. I like the tools on word because it lets you move and resize your images and text around with ease. I also used the shape tool to create the arrow at the top so that i could add text 'zinser cover' to make the double page look realistic and proficient. I used the tool formating shape so that i could change the colour of the box to solid fill to no fill. The text tool is good to create a worthy design to make the double page look good. It lets you change the colour of your text and also what align you would want your text to be in. The bold tool makes the text you choose to stand out from the rest of the text. To move my image to the left hand side of the page i used a tool called wrap text, then i clicked on square so that i could move the image around without it wraping around the text. I also used the software adobe photoshop to edit my image. I used the cutting tool so that i could cut around the image so that it didnt have the background on my double page.

I chose this image to be on my double page because i think that it creates a possitive representation of the subject because she is posing but it gives of the impression that they are serious about her new career. The shot that i have used for this image is a close up shot because it captures the subjects emotion in the image which could give of representations that she is passionate about doing well and that nothing is going to stop her atchieving her goals. I also took the subjects photo on the side so that when i uploaded it to my double page it would look like the subject was facing the interview.

The colours i have used in my double page are the same colour scheme throughout my magazine. I have divided the colours up in my text so that the sub headings are in red and the text is black. I thought that this made the page look more professional becaause it lets the readers know where to look first and breaks down all the text to look at. The headline is also black because i think that it gives impact and draws your attention straight towards it.

To improve my double page i am going to make it more appealing because i dont think that it has alot of features on the page that makes it look like a real double page feature. I am going to add the page number at the bottom of the left hand page so that it gives the effect of realism. I am also going to add a quote in the text because i think that every good double page feature has a quote so i am going to add one where there is space.

No comments:

Post a Comment