Friday 16 November 2012

first design contents page



















This is my first design of my contents page, i created this design on microsoft word.

When making my contents page i used the software microsoft word because it is a software that is easy to use and can create my contents page in a professional way. In word it is easy to resize and move your images and text. You can also wrap text around your images to make it easier for you to move your images around the text or next to the text. With word i can also use the text box to create my text for the contents page and also decide wich align i would want to choose for my text to be in. I also made some of my text bold and italic so that it would give it more of a professional look to the text. The text on my contents page is very clear to read as the style of the font i have used is easily readable and also it is positioned in places where it is clear to read for an example the subheadings are in bold and the text underneath is just normal. Another tool that i used in word was the shape tool which helped me to create the rectangular boxes over the headings of each text. With these shaped i could change the colours of them by formating the shape which let me also make the box transparent. I made the boxes transparent so that the boxes werent bright grey and could also see the text that was underneath it.

I have chosen these images to go on my contents page because i think that the main image of the subject is striking and also eye catching. This image is also a positive representation as she looks important and successful and shows that she is just a down to earth person. The primary audience for my magazine are teenagers (13-25) who may see the girl in the image to be inspiring and a role model.The subject in the image is looking directly towards the audience which could make the readers feel more involved with the subject. When i took this image i decided that i was going to do a close up shot because i thought that it would show the emotion and happiness of the girl with the success in her career and show her of in a possitive light. The sub images are what i took at the wanted concert which are taken from a long shot to show all of the members in the group, it could show representations that the group are strong and connected.

The colours that are used in the contents page are the same colours from my front page because i wanted to stick to a certain colour scheme because i think that the colours will represent the zinser magazine and will be appealing. Also i think that all the colours work well together and have a strong impact on the page because of the colour choice. Im going to replicate the colour scheme throughout the whole magazine. I also think that the colours red and black have strong connotations, the colour red could be seen as the colour of love and the black could represent danger which could overall mean that she is a loveable person but could also be dangerous in getting what she wanted to atchieve.

To improve my contents page i think that im going to resize the main image smaller because i think that it is too large and could add more pieces of information in place of the large image. I am going to add a editoral on the page because i think it makes the page look more professional.




No comments:

Post a Comment