Thursday 22 November 2012

preparation of magazine.





















When preparing for my magazine I had to decide on a name for my magazine. I chose the name ‘Zinser’ as the name because I thought it was the name was quite catchy and quirky to use. The name Zinser is a very popular word but I think that it appeals to the magazine very well as I think it is a good name for a magazine as there aren’t a lot of magazines begin with the letter Z and also it isn’t easily forgotten. The price that I have chosen my magazine to be is £3.50 as I think that is a very reasonable price for a magazine and affordable as you find out the best gossip and music details within the magazine as well as it giving away free items in nearly every addition. There are also a lot of offers that could win you great prizes, so it is worth the price you pay for the magazine. Some magazines in the shops range from 2 pound and upwards without any free items so I think that the price I have chosen is a good price for my magazine. The representations of my magazine is teenage girls as the images on my magazine is of an teenage girl, it shows the girls in a positive light and how they have succeeded in the music industry. Unlike the media, as they are mostly stereotyped of being bad youth and connoted as not being as successful in now a day life. The images that I have put on my magazine are of a teenage girl, the front page image gives of a powerful effect as it portrays the subject as being a powerful person from the pose she is doing and also the shot type is a medium shot which gets most of her body in as you can see her body language and the clothing. The double page image is a close up shot and can only see the subjects face however she is looking to the side so it looks like she is looking towards the interview she is giving. The contents page image is also a close up shot but the subject is looking directly at the camera so it makes the audience feel involved. The audience of my magazine would probably be teenagers as I think teenagers are very involved in music gossip and like to know a lot about what is new like up coming chart music and what is out now in the top 40. The gender of my magazine would most likely be females as it shows a lot of images of females so this could make the females feel more involved with the magazine rather than males which would make them the primary audience. The males would be the secondary audience, as they might like the artist who is the main feature that week and could like the images. They could also like to read about the music gossip as the music information inside can be unisex so it would attract both genders. The age the magazine is aimed at is 13-21. 

No comments:

Post a Comment